Women’s Water Polo March 25, 2022
Brooklyn, NY – The La Salle women’s water polo team is heading north to Brooklyn, New York to take on LIU Brooklyn and Saint Francis on Saturday March 26th at 1 pm and 8 pm, respectively.
The Explorers will continue the weekend in Loudonville, New York on Sunday, Mar. 27 to take on Siena at 10:30 am followed by a matchup against Marist at 4 pm
SCOUTING THE EXPLORERS:
- The Explorers are coming into this weekend with a 15-7 overall record fresh off their 11th and 12th consecutive wins. Last weekend they defeated VMI 17-6 and edged out Iona 15-14.
- Kalista Hyham had a strong showing in both games last weekend totaling eight goals between the two games
- Emma Gurasich was named the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference’s Defensive Player of the Week with her back-to-back wins last weekend. She tied her season-high in saves with 12, in the 15-14 win over Iona.
- The 12-straight victories for the Explorers mark the most consecutive wins in program history.
- The squad is currently averaging 12.6 goals per game and has totaled five 20-plus goal games this season.
SCOUTING THE SHARKS:
- LIU is entering this weekend with an 11-4 overall record and is on a current seven-game win streak.
- Paola Dominguez leads the Sharks offense this season with a team-high 54 goals, and 60 points.
- The Sharks have six total players with double digit goals this season.
- Goalkeeper, Julia Zebak, has been in the net for the Sharks for over 450 minutes this season and has a .306 save percentage.
SCOUTING THE TERRIERS:
- The St. Francis Terriers sit with a 5-10 overall record and are coming off a tough loss to the No. 24 Marist.
- Sydney Devroedt enters the contest against the Explorers following two strong performances netting seven goals last weekend.
- Goalies MK McKendry and Olivia Gallego Saez combined for seven saves in the win against Siena last weekend.
- La Salle is 1-0 when facing the Terriers this season. The Explorers last beat the Terriers 15-4.
SCOUTING THE SAINTS:
- Siena is entering this weekend’s competition with a 3-12 overall record and is riding a tough eight-game losing streak.
- Bianca Prinsloo is the Saint’s offensive leader with 36 goals, 11 assists, and 47 total points on the season.
- Anna Mossakowski has spent most of the time in the net for Siena and has 40 saves and a .267 save percentage.
SCOUTING THE RED FOXES:
- Marist enters the contest with a 15-9 record overall having won its last three-straight.
- In the Red Foxes win over St. Francis Brooklyn last weekend, Sawyer Alter, Madeline Schultz, and Viktoria Orlova each had three goals to lead Marist offensively.
- A familiar face to the La Salle water polo team, Marists’ goalkeeper, Marina Hyham, is coming off a strong seven-save performance last weekend.