Michigan to Host Indiana Saturday, Hit the Road for Two Games Sunday
3/18/2022 11:05:00 AM
// Bridgette Underwood
»The Wolverines will host Indiana in Canham Natatorium on Saturday (March 19) before heading to Emmitsburg, Md., For two CWPA games Sunday (March 20) against Brown and Mount St. Mary’s.
»Michigan is ranked No. 7 after going 4-0 at the Wolverine Invitational (March 5-6).
» Maddie O’Reilly was named the CWPA Division I Player of the Week and CWPA Offensive Player of the Week while Alex Brown was awarded the CWPA Defensive Player of the Week following the Wolverine Invitational.
Saturday, March 19 – vs. Indiana (Canham Natatorium), 11 am
TV: B1G + | Live Stats Live Video
Sunday, March 20 – vs. Brown (Emmitsburg, Md.), 9 am
Sunday, March 20 – at Mount St. Mary’s (Emmitsburg, Md.), 3 pm
• Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
The No. 7-ranked University of Michigan water polo team (13-7, 2-0 CWPA) will host No. 15 Indiana this Saturday (March 19) at Canham Natatorium at 11 am before traveling to Emmitsburg, Md., For two CWPA games against No. 21 Brown and Mount St. Mary’s on Sunday (March 20).
• Michigan posted a 4-0 record at the Wolverine Invitational (March 5-6) in Ann Arbor earlier this month. The Wolverines recorded victories over Iona (17-6), Bucknell (14-4), Saint Francis (19-1) and Salem (16-4).
• Maddie O’Reilly continues to lead the CWPA in goals (41), assists (34) and points (75).
• Erin Neustrom, Maddie O’Reilly and Kayla Barone all scored four goals in a game against either St. Francis or Salem during the Wolverine Invitational.
• Maddy Steere leads the CWPA in steals (26) and field blocks (11).
• Maddie O’Reilly, Maddy Steere, Kata Utassy, Kayla Barone and Ava Morrant lead the CWPA in assists.
• Alex Brown still leads the CWPA in saves with 134 and ranks No. 10 in the NCAA.
Indiana: The Hoosiers are 10-10 overall. Izzy Mandema is Indiana’s leading scorer with 43 goals on the season. She plays alongside Zoe Crouch, who leads the team in points with 45 (21 goals, 24 assists). Mary Askew has started 16 games for the Hoosiers in goal with 135 total saves on the year.
Brown: The Bears are 13-8 overall and 4-1 in conference play. Leading the Bears in goals this year is Claire Pisani with 30, while Katie Klein leads the team in assists with 22. Between the pipes, Marley Presiado and Shauna Franke split time; Franke leads the team with 99 saves, while Presiado has 96 saves on the year.
Mount St. Mary’s: The Mount is 7-17 overall and 0-7 in conference play. Rebecca Valentina leads all players with a staggering 65 goals, and Anna Luisa Cotta leads the team with 30 assists. In goal, Samantha Bright boasts 132 saves and 31 steals on the season.
Friday, March 25 – vs. California (Canham Natatorium), 2 pm
NCAA Championship Ticket Information
Michigan will host the 2022 NCAA Water Polo Championship May 6-8 at Canham Natatorium. Tickets are on sale now. All-session tickets are $ 50 and single-session tickets are $ 20. Tickets may be purchased online at MGoBlue.com/tickets, by phone (734-764-0247 or 1-866-296-6849) or in person at the UM Ticket Office (1000 S. State St.). All tickets will be delivered electronically to display on a phone for entry.